My mother and sister are both pretty amazing floral designers. Crystal, my sister does it professionally, and my Mom does it only when begged and bribed enough : ). A young lady in our ward was getting married and her florist ditched her last minute. They called and asked if I would do their flowers? Would I ever! I was so excited to help because usually when it is time to be a florist I am the helper Indian, and I really was stoked to have the chance to be the chief (Please no comments on being PC with Indian stuff.) So here are the results. They did them in silk, which was great because real Gerbers are not within my ability to do a bouquet with. I also was out of town the day before, so it meant still getting to do them. That being said, there is something a tiny bit drab about silks, but alas it was a really fun learning and creative opportunity for me.
I did some other boutonnieres, but they are just a single Gerber with some grass, and really aren't that interesting. I also did some bride's maids bouquets that were just white.

Mother's boutonniere

Toss

Detail of Bride's stems

Bride's Boquet with and without bride.
I did some other boutonnieres, but they are just a single Gerber with some grass, and really aren't that interesting. I also did some bride's maids bouquets that were just white.
Mother's boutonniere
Toss
Detail of Bride's stems
Bride's Boquet with and without bride.
5 comments:
it looks like the talent runs in the family! great job. that was really sweet of you to help your friend out last minute!
your boys share a bday? it looks like it from those age tracker thingys at the top. for some reason i thought they were a few days apart.
They don't acctually share, but I can't get it fixed. James is 10 days earlier.
They're beautiful, Mary Ann!! I had gerbera daisies for my wedding, but they were real and cost a ton. Even though yours are silk, they are beautiful! You did a great job.
Those flowers look so great! You'll have to show me how to do something sometime so I can make some arrangements for my house!!
I'm so proud of you!! They look wonderful! Great job!
Post a Comment