Thursday, October 30, 2008

PARTY
















In anticipation of having the baby before Lucas Birthday, we had Lucas' third birthday party last Saturday. It was SO much fun. He requested a Digger theme, no big surprise there. I made street signs with diggers on them for the decorations because oddly, there aren't many birthday kits in the stores for kids in love with construction. I did find some online, but it was too late. We made little goodie bags for the kids and Lucas helped put them together. I made a digger cake, I notice while the end result isn't something I am going to post on Google images, it is something that I really, really enjoy. We planned games and I blew up over 100 small balloons. The kids raced to pick them up, and then we flung them all over the room. After that got old we played parachute with a sheet and gathered all of the balloons onto the sheet then shook them all over again. This was a huge hit with three-four year olds. We played hide and seek, hiding under the bed soon became a favorite. We also hung fruit roll-ups off of strings and had the kids try to eat them without using their hands. It was really funny to watch. We opened presents and Lucas got spoiled, thank you very much to all of you for being so kind to him. Then we had cake. He blew out his candles very well without spitting on the cake, and that was groovy. I was so happy to have a chance to do this for him before the baby comes. He is such a good little boy, and I think he really enjoyed himself, I know I did.

1 comment:

April said...

How fun!!

What a cute cake, good job.

Every weekend, I keep wanting to get in the car and just drive to your house. I just don't want to risk getting Adam sick, you understand. :(

Good luck with everything this last month!