Tuesday, November 11, 2008

He's Here!--a little early


I know, I know it is such a beautiful and flattering outfit on me. Where do you get one? Ask a nurse, I have no idea. By day two I was so tired of worring about flashing people, I put on my own clothes.

James Knight Lyman came on Thursday November 6th, at 12:48 p.m. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. with contractions. They were a little stronger than I remembered with Lucas. Adam was concerned, but Lucas took a while to come after I felt contractions, so I let him go to work. We were planning on going to the hospital about noon. I called my friend Amanda who was going to watch Lucas for me and told here I thought labor had started. We planned for me to get ready and go chill at her house in case I needed a quick ride to the hospital. I showered and did dishes, but soon realized that Adam would need to come home before noon. I called him at about 8 and asked him to hurry the contractions were about 5 minutes apart and getting significantly more painful. So we packed up the car and dropped Lucas off and headed off. We were upstairs in the hospital about 9 and I was dilated to about 6 cm. I asked for an epidural and got one about 10. It was wonderful. We watched part of Batman and just chilled. My doctor was on vacation and his back up was busy so a third, complete stranger was called to deliver me. I was complete about 11:45ish They broke my water about noon, on his lunch break and I could tell it was going quickly. After three or four pushes, James entered the world. 6lbs. 13oz. and 19 inches long. It was really wonderful and pretty easy compared to going o'natural. Lucas was really excited when he came to the hospital to meet his brother. He was really curious about his new little sidekick. We stayed in the hospital for just over 24 hours. Home is much more comfortable with better food. Lucas is an adoring older brother who can't wait to wake up and come see James. The transition hasn't been very hard except Lucas was mad at us for about a day and a half and was being a real pill. I sat down and talked to him. It turns out he was mad because we left him. We chatted about it, and his behavior has improve a ton. I am so proud of him for how selfless he has been during the change.

Inside
Outside, still a little gooey
Getting cleaned up
Chillin' with my Daddy

7 comments:

Lalani said...

Congratulations, sweetie. He's beautiful.

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! One minute you're running a marathon and the next you're popping out a baby! You are wonder woman!
Congratulations! When was he meant to make his appearance?

April said...

Yeah!!! Aren't epidurals wonderful? He looks just like Lucas. I need to call you. I wish we could come see you...darn winter and everyone being sick at our house...

Sally said...

Congrats! You are amazing!

Rachelle said...

Congrats. His name is so beautiful-almost lyrical. We are really happy for you.

Trapper and Suzy said...

YEAH!!! That's so wonderful! I love hearing your labor/delivery stories. I'm so glad you're doing well and the baby's good. I hope I have it good like you in June! ; )

Rachel Hubbard said...

Mary Ann and Adam...Yeah, I'm so happy for you. Sorry I'm a little late with the whole congrats, but we're still SO excited for you! How is everything going? Doing okay?