Saturday, August 23, 2008
All in the Day of the life of a Mom
First, Happy Birthday to my Mom. I am so lucky to have her support. Thanks for being there when I have all my strange questions, and I realize that despite my terrific, finely tuned memory of being the best child in the whole wide world, who practically raised herself and never, ever, ever complained or misbehaved, that sometimes you would have rather not dealt with all my missteps, but did it anyway and did so cheerily so I felt your support and affection. I love you. Thank you for cleaning up all my messes. I am pretty sure that I gave you my fair share. It has been on my mind a lot lately because of my own experiences. Lucas has been doing fantastically at potty training. He made it twenty four hours without any accidents, and will go when sent to go to the bathroom. (a huge, huge YAY) Unfortunately he got sick yesterday with explosive tummy disorder, and almost threw up all over his close friend. In our little bike trailer (which was a considerate place to do it since I just have to hose it out and disinfect--much, much easier than carpet or car or even tile floor. Luckily she is really smart and picked up her feet. But even with a wild tummy, he still made it to the potty, and warned me if I needed to hand him any accessories. I hope you catch my drift because I don't want to spell it out completely. Well, So in one day I have cleaned up a lot of bodily fluids, and didn't even gag. I never thought this day would come. And Lucas never thought yesterday would come because he finally filled up his potty chart and got the special toy he was working towards. Ahhhhhhhh, sleep at the end of the day is a great reward to all the hard work that comes before it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment